Your whale watching reservation with Oceanic Society is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Please read these carefully and
contact us with any questions or concerns.
- Whale sightings are not guaranteed due to the unpredictability of nature.
- If the naturalist on duty reports no sightings for the day, you can call the office to reschedule another trip, free of charge (note: this does not apply to our First Fridays cruises).
- The trip must be taken during the same whale watch season, for the same trip type. If your trip is within the final 3 weeks of the season, you may reschedule your trip within the first three weeks of the following season. Unfortunately we cannot accept reschedules outside these time periods.
- Tickets are transferrable to another party; a call to the office allows us to update the manifest.
- If a boat turns around after leaving the dock, the following will apply:
- During the first half of a trip – you will receive the following refunds:
- Farallon Islands: $50 refund
- Gulf of the Farallones: $20 refund
- Half Moon Bay: $15 refund
- During the second half of a trip – no refunds will be given as the trip will be considered complete
- There are age limits for children as follows, and all children under the age of 16 must wear a life jacket on the boat. No exceptions.
- Farallon Islands – 8 hour trip – 10 or older
- Gulf of the Farallones – 4 hour trip – 8 or older
- Half Moon Bay – 3 hour trip – 8 or older
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If pregnant, the unpredictable movements of the boat can result in a loss of balance, therefore we strongly suggest scheduling your trip for another time.
- Oceanic Society may cancel trips due to undersubscription, hazardous weather conditions, boat breakdowns, or other acts of nature beyond our control.
- If Oceanic Society cancels a trip for any reason, advance notice will be given whenever possible and you can either reschedule, or request a full refund. Please call 415-256-9941 to indicate your preference.
- Rescheduling for any reason must be in the current season. Tickets become invalid at the end of the season for which they were purchased.
- Tickets are non-refundable unless Oceanic Society cancels a trip as outlined above. Oceanic Society charters the boat and we are obligated to pay the charter fee when a trip is scheduled.
- No-shows or latecomers who miss the boat, forfeit the entire fee.
- However, OS understands that things come up and plans change, so we encourage you to call the office at 415-256-9941 to see what is possible.
- Gift Certificates or vouchers are not refundable but you may reschedule within the same whale watch season.
- In no event will Oceanic Society's responsibility to refund exceed the amount paid to OS.
Oceanic Society may take photographs or videos during your whale watching tour for the purposes of sharing information about our whale watching programs with the public. By participating in an Oceanic Society whale watching tour, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give Oceanic Society the right use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for any legitimate use without limitation or reservation.